LAST UPDATED AUG, 2021
1. What is a cookie?
When visiting the website or when you are making use of the contactify applications ("applications"), a cookie or similar technology (e.g. device fingerprinting, web beacons, html5-local storage, etc.), is a tiny data file that may be placed on your end device or used during your use of the website, application of related items (e.g. emails).
A cookie enables certain features and functionalities of the website or applications. a cookie does not contain or collect information in isolation, but when read by a server via your web browser or through the applications, it can provide information to such server (e.g. to facilitate a more user-friendly service by registering users" preferences, detect errors, account information, device identification, statistical data, etc.).
When you disable one or more cookies, you will probably still be able to browse the website and use the applications, however certain features may not work as expected or may be deactivated as a result therefrom.
Cookies may either be placed by contactify through the website and/or applications, however, may also be placed by third parties who may or may not have a cooperation with the website and/or applications.
Contactify may employ the following cookies in respect of the website and/or the applications:
Essential and functional cookies (services requested by you/necessary for the communication)
These cookies are necessary for providing an information society service as requested by you. These cookies are used by contactify to make the websites and/or applications work the way they are expected and to allow for the correct communication to take place. These cookies are essential and if the use of this type of cookies is not allowed, we can't provide the services you have asked for. Such cookies may include, but are not limited to:
- Logging in / "Remember me" options;
- Acceptance logging;
- Remembering previous actions (e.g. user entered text) when navigating back to a page;
- Processing an order;
- Managing and passing security tokens to different services within a website;
- Your website preferences (language, region, etc.);
- Content tracking / content suggesting;
- Initiating actions you have requested (e.g. commenting, etc.);
- Routing customers to specific versions/applications of a service (e.g. during a technical migration); and/or
- Multimedia content player session cookies (such as flash player cookies).
Refusing or disabling such cookies may have a serious impact on (parts of) your use of the website and/or applications.
2.1 Performance and analytical cookies
contactify uses these cookies to analyse how in general usage is made of services and applications, and to monitor our websites. This information helps us understand how people use our service, our website as well as our applications, and it gives us information about the kind of experience people have, all of which helps us learn how to make the contactify experience even better, to find out about general user engagement, and to generally provide more relevant information to users. Such cookies may include, but are not limited to:
- Web analytics (e.g. measuring the time of requests to our servers and our responses, to record statistics about website usage, to track activities on the website, which pages visitors go to most often, managing the performance and design of the website, etc.);
- Error management (e.g. measuring errors, service improvement, complaint management, etc.);
- Testing designs (e.g. testing variations of design, typically using a/b or multivariate testing, to ensure a consistent look and feel is maintained for the user of the site in the current and subsequent sessions);
- Load balancing session cookies;
- Response rates (click-through rates).
2.2 (Re-)Marketing cookies
contactify uses (re-)marketing cookies to collect non-personally identifiable information about your visits to certain pages of contactify.biz for the purpose of serving contactify ads to you when you are on certain third-party sites. No personal data, account information or any other identifiable information is shared with a third party as part of this process.
contactify uses (re-)marketing cookies to offer more relevant content to you, based on your specific interests. They are also used to limit the display frequency of an ad and to measure, control and improve the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, and lead generation. They register whether users have visited a website or not, and which contents were used. This information may possibly also be shared with third parties, such as advertisers, for example.
The use of these cookies is subject to your acceptance, which occurs through the cookie banner as made available on the website.
2.3 Social media cookies
Show social cookies are cookies that enable the functionalities of social media platforms, including showing social media content on the website/ applications, as well as sharing website / applications content to such social media platforms (e.g. YouTube videos shown on our website, showing locations on Google maps, Facebook "like" button, etc.)
3. How can you manage or disable cookies?
3.1 Web browser
3.2 Online assistance
Certain tools (e.g. "Ghostery", "Disconnect", .etc.) may provide you with more granular options in order to manage cookies.